On 11th February 1990 a world and nation changing event happened. On 11th February 2003 a life changing event occurred. Yesterday Nelson Mandela celebrated along with the world the 20th Anniversary of his release from prison. Yesterday, seven years ago, I left Cape Town and boarded a plane to London. Today I have been in the country seven years.
Here we are then. Seven years. Wow. Sigh.
What about some numbers?
- 1 lovely wife
- 1 fantastic son
- 4 jobs (getting better)
- 2 cars (getting bigger)
- 4 bicycles owned (3 having been stolen)
- 4 rented properties and 1 owned and now sold.
- 1 Ancestral visa, 1 Spouses visa, 1 Residency visa, 7 Schengen visas, 1 US, 1 Canadian
- ~6 sick days (maybe more…)
- some grey hairs but not enough to make a difference (do they make a difference)
- 1 beard since July 2006
- 0kg lost or gained
- 127 posts on my blog