- Dig a hole.
- Fill it with sand.
- Put the child out to play.
- Debate about whether to make one, buy one or just use the flower bed.
- If buying or making find somewhere to place the sand pit.
- If making, are railway sleepers suitable?
- If buying, the yellow plastic tortoise or the wooden box?
- Think about how to get a large amount of sand into it.
- What kind of sand?
- Realise that it rains a lot and the pit will need a cover.
- Come up with a stop-the-cats-using-it-as-a-litter-box strategy.
- Can I finish it in a weekend before the rugby starts?