I installed this the other day after running RC6 for a while and I wanted to see what improvements had been made. I used to run Nagios, Munin, Monit and AWstats on the server and they ground the machine to a halt.
- rc6 picks up the server name and the internal IP address
- rc8 picks up the apache virtual server name and the external IP address – changed with this line
- rc8 has an additional theme – cream – although I still prefer the
- rc8 has memory usage section expanded by default
- rc8 flickers when expanding the PCI Devices list. rc6 is smooth.
The dynamic updating in rc8 seems to be faster / actually working. There also appears to be a lag in system uptime. The webmin front page and rc8 both match but rc6 is about 20 minutes behind. I had to do a lot more tweaking of the config file in rc8 to get it to work than in rc6. As far as I can remember I just unpacked rc6 and pointed the browser at the appropriate URL.
These are the settings that I had to change in config.php rc8 as I kept getting XML errors about the PSI plugins and UPS settings: